Announcing Peak Star Party 2014, 17 to 20 October
Peak Star Party 2014 has now been confirmed for the weekend Friday 17 to Monday 20 October.
This is the fourth year of the “all new” Peak Star Party which is one of the largest astronomy events in the country with around 200 resident astronomers, guest speakers, practical workshops and events for the whole family. It runs each October at Shallow Grange, near Chelmorton, Buxton, right in the heart of the Peak District. Whatever your interest in astronomy, we cater for beginners and experts alike and take pride in our reputation for being one of the friendliest star parties in the country!
You will also be able to take part in our bottle rocket competition, try your hand at making telescopes, learn your way around the night sky, observe the fascinating and ever-changing surface of the sun and find out about your local astronomy club. You might even go away with that perfect gift idea in time for Christmas!
We have been working hard to improve Peak Star Party year on year; for 2014 we can offer:
- Indoor and outdoor trade stands with a wide variety of telescopes and equipment being demonstrated and on sale
- Extended catering options with a noodle bar as well as the normal catering van providing hot meals from 10 am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday and from midday Friday with breakfast and light snacks on Monday morning.
- "Honesty Box" refreshments from the Information Point out of hours - hot and cold drinks available through the night for day visitors
- Improved "wet weather" provisions including evening talks, quizzes and films
- More events and practical workshops to be announced...
Entries for the PSP 2013 photo competition has been extended by one week. The new closure date is Sunday 10th November.